This weekend was our first weekend in our new flat. So we spent some time getting it all situated. First thing I learned about myself is that even though I got rid of I believe it was 5 large trash bags of clothes (yes 5, I know, pathetic) I still have way toooo many clothes. One thing about every flat we looked at is that you have absolutely no storage. Many don't even have a closet, seriously. We got lucky with this place it surprisingly has "a lot of storage". I say that in quotes because in all honesty, its not that much space. So we were creative :) But, unbeknown st to Chris, just because I have a lot of clothes doesn't mean I will not be hitting up all of the wonderful shopping here in London. Similar to NYC, this place is one big shopping mall. I haven't purchased anything just yet, but only because I am waiting to get paid my first pounds! Its amazing the conveniences of life at home that I (I would say we but....) take for granted. An oven that can fit a normal size cookie sheet, a separate washer and dryer (and one that can hold more than 5 shirts), a heater that blows hot air (not a radiator which I asked a realtor when we went around looking at flats if that was a fancy light fixture...a baby Blondie moment). It will take some getting used to, but with the character of our place (including keys that look they are from the olden days) and the beautiful garden, I think we will be just fine!
We went to borough market on Saturday morning (pictures to be posted). It was so wonderful. Fresh fruits and vegis, fish, meat, cheese, pastries, breads, olives, flowers, food, honey & jams, wine, beer....everything you can think of right at your disposal. There are samples everywhere. So we tasted many different types of cheese, olive oils, hummus, honey, etc. etc. We bought some fruit and homemade basil hummus. Chris had paella for lunch, which I had tried at the market the day before (paella is rice w/ a lot of different types of seafood in it). The market was wonderful!
So now that we settled into our flat I decided it was time to exercises again. So I left Chris on the couch with a beer and went for a jog :) It was wonderful to run around the park, the air was so clean and the park was beautiful. I have never passed so many other runners (and nikki will appreciate this) I didn't have to worry about getting run over nor did I get hollered at a multitude of times. It was fantastic.
Hope all is well at home! We have found a local pub that plays NFL but have yet to see the chargers play like poop! However, we are really looking forward to this weekend when the Chargers take on the Saints at Wembly stadium...we will be there cheering on our team :)
Cheers Everyone, XOXO!
The crew in Picadilly
Ben, Sandra, Nikki, Chris, Ang, Daley
The Gang in Cardiff
The night before U2...its about 12am
Brains Beer...
Impromptu picture for Steve-O
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Everything sounds so fun and wonderful...even the surprising differences between conveniences in various countries.
God is so good in that it doesn't matter where we go or what we do, He is there. Like, when I think of the park across the street from your flat, I praise Him for providing that for your pleasure.
As the holidays come closer, I think about family, and I'm so glad we'll be able to see you. Yayyy :-)
Looking forward to pictures of the flat. I'm glad you two are doing well, and let us know how work is going for you.
Love you, Mom
I guess I forgot to tell you that the English do not build closets, they have wardrobes instead. Usually, they only a have a few changes in clothes, which would work for Dirty.
aww so glad to hear that your first running experience was a good one! Can't wait to come visit and run with you....without getting hollered at and almost run over!!
hey ang, do you think you really had to define paella for us SD folk - haha
Post a Comment